An information-sharing event and workshop to discuss what the New Zealand data system could look like.
Key themes discussed:
- What are the biggest present challenges with the current data system?
- Māori data access and governance
- What would an optimal holistic ethics process look like?
- Example priority areas:
- Equality of access
- Standard linkages of popular datasets
- Externalising data catalogues
- Definitive code repositories
- Optimal (effective, timely, standardised) governance processes
The aim of this workshop was to establish the key themes for a Symposium to be held in early 2023. A summary report of the event is below.